The Marketing Trend of the Future!
* * * LIMITED TIME OFFER! 40% OFF (Regular Price $4.99) * * *
Scroll-Up and Download your Copy Today!
Mobile Marketing involves the process of communicating with the client by means of a mobile or cellular device, either to launch a simple marketing message, allow people visit a mobile web site or to introduce people to a new campaign that is based on audience participation.
Some of the tools or strategies of the trade and several concepts that are mostly featured in Mobile Marketing are the following:
- mobile applications
- mobile internet and social media
- Bluetooth, wireless and infrared
- USSD or unstructured supplementary service data
- MMS or multimedia messaging services
Mobile connectivity not only permits people to stay connected to the Internet through a cellular telephone, and other gadgets such as a PDA, but also consolidates various communication channels in a practical, yet effective, medium.
Mobile Marketing Strategies are Cheaper than Traditional Means
Apart from being effective, mobile marketing strategies are a lot cheaper than any other traditional means of advertising or marketing a brand, and this is both on the side of the marketer and the consumer. Additionally, this marketing strategy is easy enough for any age group to engage in and understand. Mobile Marketing is a streamlined adaptation of traditional e-Marketing.
Mobile Marketing Stats – Facts and Figures to Take Note of
The following statistics and data were gathered about international mobile users:
- More than 30 countries have exceeded the 100 percent ration of mobile device to population
- Only 80 percent of the entire United States population is composed of mobile users
- Approximately 60 percent or 4.1 billion of the world’s population is composed of mobile subscribers
- There are more than 400 million mobile subscribers in China
- In Indonesia, there are more than 50 million subscribers
- 98 percent of all US handsets have SMS capabilities
- SMS and text services users in the United States are close to 68.7 million
- Even though SMS is a new service in the United States, more than 300 billion SMS texts or messages were sent in 2007
- More than 70 percent of mobile subscribers in South African don’t have their own land line connection
- South Africa is top 6th when it comes to mobile Internet connectivity. This can be due to the absence of traditional or desktop-based Internet connectivity. Unexpectedly, South Africans who are aged 50 and above spend more time on mobile communication compared to their junior counterpart
- Email has more than 65 percent spam while only 10 percent in SMS
Who is Connected to the Mobile World?
Majority of those who remain connected to the mobile world are referred to as the Baby Boomers. These are the generation born from 1940 to 1960 and are predominantly residents of UK and US. These individuals actually form the older online market of today.
On the other hand, the Generation X or those who were born between 1960 and 1980 are more connected compared to their senior counterparts. They’re tech-savvy.
These are some of the fine points that should be further studied when it comes to mobile marketing:
- How will you be able to connect with those who do not have mobile Internet connectivity?
- How will your target audience connect to the web?
- How will you be able to utilize mobile content like games or videos so as to spread your message?
- Which type of mobile medium is being used by your target audience to communicate with their peers? Voice, SMS, or mobile social networks?
- How will you be able to make your advertising or marketing campaign engaging enough for the user? How will you avoid being tagged as “spam”?